Sunday, December 31, 2006

Another Year

Sheesh. How did this happen? 2006 is gonzo, and a whole new year, with it's ding-dangly opportunities, taunting unknowns and mind-bending twists in the proverbial road is upon me.

Maybe this year will be the year I...

... get paid what I'm worth.
... take a real vacation.
... spend more time with my friends, and less with my work. (yeah, right)
... meet a man over 35 that isn't psychotic, messed up, married, desperate or angry that can string together 5 words and doesn't eat like a pig, hump my leg in public or smash beer cans on his head.
... buy a real couch. Like a new one.
... go to the art gallery once every three months. And the theatre, too.
... start my sommelier training. For real.
... learn to not take crap personally and take power from being inoffensable.
... drink better wine, not more wine. (Who am I kidding?)
... get my wisdom teeth pulled out, instead of bearing the pain so I can work more.
... eat well everyday, not just the three days after payday.
... lose 20 pounds and get some muscle tone back so that carrying groceries up the stairs doesn't give me a coronary.
... stop looking for greener pastures and make the best of what I have, without being bitter or ungrateful.
... start writing my book. Not just taking notes, but like putting the damn thing together.

2006 wasn't a bad year, per se; it set up 2007 nicely. But it was a year of hard work, decisions and a lot of frustrations. Some acceptable losses, others are regrettable. All in all not a bad year, but certainly not one that I would drag out any further.

I'm not usually susceptible to NY hopefulness, but this year I am certainly looking forward with a smile, and not a furrowed brow. This will be good.

Best wishes to all of you out there in blog-land.

3 comments:

John Doheny said...

If it's any consolation, I just last fall, at age 52, bought my first real (new. Not found beside a dumpster) couch.

I guess I'm officially a grown-up now.

Anonymous said...

"i am in here"... nice.

Blog page full of resolutions... also nice, yet slightly, uh, wistful?

What can i say, other than, uhh...

"And lo, for the earth was empty of form, and void.
And darkness was all over the face of the deep, and we said..."

Yeah, it's a skill-testing question.

And yes, i Googled you. Been awhile. Hope you're well. NIce picture, by the way.

tw

Christina C said...

Look at that mother-fucker dance. Like I could forget that.

For the love of god, get in touch with me. Think of you often. Where are you? How are you?

Drive by commenter. Sheesh.

ccottell@yahoo.com

C